About the product
ALL DOGS POSSESS THE BIOLOGICAL NEED FOR A DIET THATâ€™S RICH AND VARIED IN MEATS AND RICH IN PROTEIN. Thatâ€™s why we packed award-winning ORIJEN ORIGINAL with unmatched inclusions of free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish, and cage-free eggs delivered FRESH or RAW, in richly nourishing WholePrey ratios that nourish your dog naturally and completely.
- With 38% richly nourishing protein and 85% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN nourishes dogs of all breeds and life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs
- 2/3 of meat is FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of meat is air-dried at 90Â°C from fresh chicken, turkey, and fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus whole fish and cage-free eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Infusions of freeze-dried chicken and turkey liver enhance flavour naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty for even the fussiest of dogs.
85% QUALITY ANIMAL INGREDIENTS | 15% VEGETABLES & FRUIT
Fresh chicken meat (13%), fresh turkey meat (7%), fresh cage-free eggs (7%), fresh chicken liver (6%), fresh whole herring (6%), fresh whole flounder (5%), fresh turkey liver (5%), fresh chicken necks (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), fresh turkey heart (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, lentil fibre, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, whole navy beans, herring oil (1%), chicken fat (1%), chicken cartilage (1%), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole Red Delicious apples, fresh whole Bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole Saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips, enterococcus faecium. ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg.
|Crude Protein (min.)||38%|
|Fat Content (max.)||18%|
|Crude Ash (max.)||8%Â|
|Crude Fibers (max.)||5%|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids (min.)||3.0%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids (min.)Â||1.0%|
|Glucosamine (min.)||1400 mg/kg|
|Chondrotin Sulfate (min.)||1200 mg/kg|
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
Your dog is unique and his feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age, and activity. Thatâ€™s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember to always keep fresh, clean water available.
Use a standard 250ml/120g measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Original is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
ORIJEN Original provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors the natural diet, helping reduce the risk of obesity and diabetes. Metabolizable Energy is 3900 kcal/kg (470 kcal per 250ml/120g cup) with calories distributed to support peak conditioning; 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruit, and 42% from fat.